Memorial University Libraries initiated a Demand Driven Acquisitions pilot project in January 2013. Given the apparent pervasiveness of PDA/DDA projects in academic libraries, we anticipated a relatively straightforward implementation process and long-term application of the acquisitions model in our library. We partnered with our primary book vendor and, to date, we have added over 29,000 DDA records from three e-book aggregators, generated over 1900 short-term loans, purchased 80 e-books, and spent over $48,000. But none of this came easily. Through the process of trial and error, we have had to face the difficulties of blending slip profiles of a four branch mid-size university library system into a functional DDA profile, of maintaining accurate data in our ILS and book vendor’s database, of managing publisher withdrawals, of monitoring price increases and of removing thousands of records from our ILS (SirsiDynix Symphony 3.4.1). DDA has created many challenges while giving the library an opportunity to shine on campus with its patron responsiveness and fiscal restraint. During this session we plan to highlight the implementation and maintenance of our DDA project, how and why we adapted the traditional models to include mediated firm order purchasing, the challenges we face, what we learned, and our concerns for the future of this popular initiative at our library. We will also comment on the recent NISO DDA document and provide our own recommendations for libraries and publishers who participate in DDA programs.